This week the Dana Point Chamber of Commerce and Mahe will team up to present June’s “3rd Thursdays” Mixer! As we say in the Chamber Compass, “3rd Thursdays” Mixers are the place to network and make new connections. Every month, South County business professionals attend this networking event to promote their business and meet possible clients. It’s only Monday morning and we have been getting quite a few calls about this event! We expect a great turnout.
A little bit about our host: Mahe (Seafood-Steaks-Sushi-Bar) is located in the Dana Point Harbor and has a cool, casual and comfortable atmosphere. With live music, a festive family ambiance and some of the finest chefs around, they offer one of the most unique dining experiences to be found, anywhere. You can get a preview of what you will see at the Mixer by visiting their website www.eatatmahe.com.
New to networking or need a refresher? Here are some tips:
Be the first to say hello! Extend a firm handshake.
- Say the other person’s name and remember it! “Remember that a man’s name is to him the sweetest and most important sound in any language.” (How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie)
- Bring a door prize to a Mixer! Not only will your business be mentioned all night, but the winner is a possible business contact.
- Redefine what it means to interact with “strangers.” During conversations, listen carefully to discover shared interests or goals. (How to Work a Room by Susan RoAne)
- Always have your business cards!
- Listen for opportunities. Pay attention to conversations for problems you can solve. Follow up with the solution during business hours. (9 Tips for Building Your Business at Networking Events by Cynthia D’Amour)
- Do Your Homework! Find out which organization is sponsoring the event. Will there be speakers, presenters or any special guests in attendance? Do a little research and be prepared.
- Arrive with a goal in mind. Before the meeting, set a goal for yourself for that day, and then achieve it. Don’t arrive at the meeting feeling lackadaisical or unfocused. Take some time for yourself to get yourself focused before the meeting. (Networking by SBA)
- Develop relationships. Don’t just be a commercial for your business. People tend to do business with people they have or can build a professional relationship with.
- Follow up is important, too! Contact the people you have had good interactions with during your meeting. This will indicate you are interested in serious business. (6 Tips for Successful Networking by morebusiness.com)
With that, we hope to see you on Thursday, June 18 at Mahe, 24961 Dana Point Harbor Dr from 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm!
5:30 pm, Thursday, June 18
Mahe, 24961 Dana Point Harbor Dr
Members: $10; Potential Members: $15